Why Is .Net Development Called A Programming Language For Today And Tomorrow?
- With the built in windows authentication, the framework is applicable to the majority of new software created for windows platform.
- It employs XML web services to create a connection between the server and client side.
- Dynamic pages can be developed using Microsoft .NET as the ASP code very smoothly mixes with HTML.
- Independent language and Easy to deploy
- Available with several features like a complete advanced-coded solution, user interface, connectivity, data access, web application development, cryptography, algorithms and network communication.
- With VB6 and VB8, one can change the programming code to fix the errors by using the breakpoint.
The point is, .Net framework is the booming web technology and it’s not going anywhere for at least the next decade or more.
Web development features in Visual Studio 2017
VB.Net or Visual Studio is another renowned framework developed by Microsoft featuring the basics of the visual basic Programming language. There are numerous versions available and each provides rich development tools to all the professionals locally as well as globally on any platform. Which means any .Net development company can create software and applications for the web, mobile, server and desktop with the help of Visual Studio.
Now I am sure you must have downloaded and installed visual studio 2017, and it turns out to be great over the previous ones. So what next? How to make your web development experience better? Here in the post, we would love to recommend a few visual studio extensions that will make your day-to-day tasks easier and even more enjoyable. Keep reading further.
Razor language service
While you are building ASP.Net core application with the help of MVC pattern, it is always advisable to have some kind of assistance when writing views in razor template.
The Razor Language Service Extension provides you intellisense for .Net expressions hover tooltips for elements, and syntax highlighting for tag helpers.
Project file tools
In the previous versions, .Net project files were difficult to hand-author. But with the core project file updates, the syntax, as well as the content of the project, has become simpler and better. Moreover, it also includes references to NuGet packages. Thus, working with project file tools extension means you not only get intellisense on these new features but also on the NuGet packages that you are adding to your project. In addition to this, the extension will show you both local and remote packages hosted NuGet services.
Productivity Power Tools
This amazing extension has been updated for Visual studio 2017 with some interesting bits. In fact, the extension is now a collection of 15 other extensions that eventually makes everything easy. Moreover, .Net developers can even update the child extension with new features without having the need to re-install the entire productivity power tools collection.
Web essentials for Visual Studio 2017
No list of extensions for Visual Studio would be complete without mentioning web essentials. Much like productivity power tools, web essentials is now a collection of 25 child extensions that can be updated and maintained on the separate basis.
Some of the attention grabbing features included in the web essentials this time are:-
- Browser reload on save- This works with the browserLink to force any browser to reload that is viewing a file that was updated to disk.
- Vue.JS Pack 2017- Featuring awesome intellisense, icons and snippets make developing with Vue.JS Pack framework easier in visual studio.
There are hundreds and thousands of extensions to try in the visual studio marketplace. Apart from this, visual studio 2017 itself is extensible, so one can write their own extensions to customize the editor according to your need and requirements.
So this is it for now! Keep watching the space to know more about .Net development.