The .NET framework 4.5 as well as Windows 8 introduces features that could help a developer achieve a considerable performance boost for web-server workloads. This could include reduction of up to thirty-five percent of startup time and in the memory footprint of web hosting sites using the framework.
The requirements for the new qualities could be broken down to the following categories:
1. Enhancements that run on .NET 4.
2. Improvements available only with the 4.5 package that runs on Windows 8.
3. Enhancements that need the 4.5 version, but could run on any Windows version.
The following are five of the top features of version 4.5
1.Bundling and minification feature - this feature is great in helping with bundling and minimizing the size of the scripts and style sheets in the application. This has a huge impact on the performance of the web app as a whole. One now has a System. Web.Optimization namespace that offers support for files bundling and minification.
2. Strongly typed data controls - enables one to have intellisense. It only requires assigning the Item type property to a model that would be associated with the data controls used in the .aspx pages.
3. Model binding feature -enables developing web forms which are independent of the model that populates the view. The greatest advantage of using this feature is that a developer could easily unit test the methods.
4. Value providers - could be used for filtering data. These providers include session, query string, cookie and control value. One could also have his own custom value providers.
5. Support for OpenID in OAuth Logins - The ASP.NET 4.5 framework provides support for OpenID for Auth logins. One could easily use the external services to login to an application. The same as ASP.NET MVC 4, the 4.5 variant enables one to register OAuth provider in the App_Start/AuthConfig.cs.file. This data dictionary could also be used to pass additional data.
Microsoft's ASP.NET is a language as well as platform-neutral and interoperable technology. It is one of the most successful technologies in the web to present. It has matured through the years with the current model. The various attributes and enhancements of 4.5 makes the job of the developer easier. It also included various enhancements in the security area. In order to benefit from the improvements, one must do a few changes to the application's configuration file.
Microsoft has added abundant new functionality and attributes to 4.5. Most of the new characteristics are quite impressive. Developers of the framework find the improvements and the new features very helpful in streamlining their job. The framework is a very good offering by Microsoft that has been proven time and time again for its efficiency.